Friday, June 1, 2012

One ugly flakie combo

Here is a collection of a few flakies.  Most combinations are lovely ...

Ruby Kisses - Blues Clue with Finger Paints - Twisted














More Blues Clue swatches are here.














Finger Paints - Twisted over dark base

Black? I'm not sure what this base color was, but it sure does make the flakies stand out.
















Revlon - Blue Lagoon w/ Nubar 2010
















Revlon - Blue Lagoon is difficult to work with.  It is dry, chalky and a bit gritty, but a very bright baby blue.  I loved Nubar 2010 on top.











I sure do love blues and flakies!














Revlon - Modern Grace with Nubar 2010










OPI - Funny Bunny with Finger Paints - Asylum.

This combination looked great at most angles, like shown.  Other angles made the sheer white (my love) look pitted, but nowhere near what I am about to show you in the next set of photos.









China Glaze - Summer Rain

You either like these kinds of polishes or you don't.  Personally, I don't mind that it is sheer or that it is slightly frosty.  I do mind that it makes my skin color look like poo poo.

It gets worse though...




I decided to top this off with a flakie.  Never again.

At some angles it looks nice. 











Most angles it looks like this...


A true monstrosity.  Just EWWWW.  I must have set a world record for fastest nail polish removal.


Have you ever made a seriously fuggly nail polish combination?

















23 comments:

  1. Mwahahaha! I've got a flakie on right now, so I'm totally feeling you on this! The other examples are lovely though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lololol that last one made me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snerk! I just laughed out loud at your description of Summer Rain. >_<

    And ooh, I clearly, desperately need Twisted in my life. What a beautiful, beautiful flakie!! If you don't mind, I'm just gonna scroll back up and drool a little more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol lol, they are all very lovely.. but that last one kinda looks like diseased nails :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it over most of the combinations, except the pink, that doesn't look nice. I prefer my flakies over dark polishes they look their best then. Modern grace and Blues clue look like very gorgeous blues

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAH! It isn't as bad as a monstrosity, but close!

    LOL! they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know usually flakes look great on black bases but I didn't expected to like so much the white based layering: gorgeous!
    As per Summer Rain...Sheer and frosty combo is a no-no for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love flakies with blue! Your posts always leave me smiling/laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LMAO!!!! O My you have it nailed...Fugly! I do love it over Revlon Modern Grace--WOW! My favorite flakie combo is FP Asylum over yellow cremes. I love them mattified like you did....(mostly) Lovely manis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you hate when you picture one vision in your head, but when executed it's not even close? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read your title and thought, "I bet it's not that bad. Loodie's nails make everything look great!"... But wow, that last one.. LOL. The rest, esp the blues look awesome on you!!
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love dark blues with flakies. I just did a manicure like that for my sister today :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The last one was bad. Im too impatient to deal with frosty polishes, but love how they look on other people. One of my favorite flakie combos was Twisted over Orly Sweet Peacock. My son said it looked like fish food lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your light blue flakie nails!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yeah I have done several fugly nail combos but I am way too lazy to remove it and start over-so I wear it for the three days I always wear my manis, just in horror the whole time. I must agree that last pink was most awful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nubar 2010 over Barielle Aura Angora yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You should have posted a warning on that last one...MY EYES!!!! LOLOLOL!! Ok, so it's not as pretty as the rest -- and? You're entitled to make a few wrong colour choices, no?! I'm trying to think of a particular colour that really made the bile rise, but I don't know if there was anything -- either that, or I've mentally blocked it out! Love all your other versions, though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hahahah oh my god that last one! you're so funny. it reminds me of burnt flesh *puke* lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok yea, wow...that's pretty much the ugliest nail polish look I've ever seen, YIKES. The sadist in me loves that you showed it though ;P

    Modern Grace with Nubar 2010 looks a whole lot like that new Deb Lippmann flakie out now...

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love them there beautiful and look perfect

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, love!
    I found your blog very interesting and I think you do a great job! A lot of inspiration for myself!!!

    I would like to keep in touch with you. Would you like to follow each other blog on GFC and Bloglovin?

    Lots of love,

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loodie, that last mani is pretty hideous!!! What were you thinking? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  23. I use OPI's Funny Bunny for my tips when I do French Mani. I don't like a true white. This is much softer. I use 2 coats on the tips.

    ReplyDelete