Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My nail of the day....until I realized I didn't want something dark...

Color Club Soft as Cashmere



Base Coat: Nail Life Nail Revitalizer (formaldehyde free)
1 coat

Color: Color Club Soft as Cashmere
3 coats

Top Coart: Nail Life Nail Revitalizer (formaldehyde free)
1 coat

In cloudy day light.






















 With flash

 


In stead............
Color Club .......... Buff and Natural



Base Coat: Nail Life Nail Revitalizer (formaldehyde free)
1 coat

Color: Color Club Soft as Cashmere
4 coats

Top Coat: None (ran out of day light, maybe tomorrow)

With Flash


There is nothing bare or natural about this.  Unfortunately, the formula is a bit chalky and streaky so it required 4 darn coats.  Could have even used a 5th.





This is more true to the color.  It looks more crisp with flash.
















Yes, I change my polish based on mood, but I also love doing wear tests. I plan to do lots of that here! There is something so gratifying about getting a polish to last 10 days. My general view is that if the polish job is perfect there is no reason to change it, otherwise it's a waste. I do however hate even the slightest dings, chips and general wear.

Wear is so much based on body chemistry and the right product for your nail chemistry. It's also based on nail prep, nail polish application and follow through. I will cover all that in future posts.

2 comments:

  1. I WISH I could get just one manicure to last more than 2 days. It drives me nuts. Maybe you hold the key to teaching that! A girl can hope. I will be checking your blog regularly as I have learned SO much already in 13 posts! Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are secrets, fo show! However, I will share mine with you in a future post.

    ReplyDelete